A hi and a hello!

Welcome to tue tribe, Tech!

Hope you’ll feel welcome here, hehe.
Oh, and if you were raised to finish what’s on your plate amd end up moving to Japan, you’ll get used to pickles. They don’t bother me anymore, even in burgers.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And I’m the type who had no shame fishing them out with my bare hands if necessary, they were such an abomination.:joy:

Again, welcome, hope you enjoy your stay!:grin:

1 Like

Wazzup, Tech!

I would just like to point out that some of us actually enjoy pickles on sandwiches, even going so far as to make pickle-peanut butter sandwiches!

And have you ever had pickle chips on a nice thick-slab brisket sandwich with a tangy vinegar-based BBQ sauce? Simply to die for!

At any rate, welcome to the tribe! Glad to have you!

1 Like

Hey Mark! Welcome to the tribe…

Well I’m afraid that there are only two kinds of people on this planet… Those who like pickles, and those who don’t. Personally, I could ditch the hamburger and just eat the pickles…

I don’t blame you for your error in judgement, I blame society.

And don’t get me started on anchovies… :wink:

1 Like

I mean, to be fair to @technicolour, pickles are literally a way of making something inedible edible…:sweat_smile: It’s not like we NEED to eat pickles anymore, since we don’t have to preserve food for months and years, and have greenhouses.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That’s like saying that we don’t need to have wheels, because we can fly aeroplanes. :smile:

Or we don’t need purple any more because we’ve got red and blue.

I like pretty much anything pickled or marinated, salted, cured, smoked… But seriously, don’t get me started on anchovies… I feel myself coming close to an unstoppable rant. I mean… Dried salty fish? And how they manage to migrate onto a pizza when you’ve specifically said “NO DAMN ANCHOVIES?” And they always seem to end up on the last corner of the last piece you’ve been saving… And… And… Grrr…

But pickles are alright in my book. :wink:

2 Likes

You know airplanes have wheels too, right…?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And yeah, we don’t need purple, we can mix it ourselves from red and blue. But that still makes purple.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’s more like we don’t need physical media when we can have everything digital. Some people (myself included) like the feel of it, but realistically, it’s utterly pointless.:sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Grrr… Logic will get you nowhere, when it’s sheer passion for pickled foodstuffs which drives me.

Besides, flying boats and ski planes don’t have wheels. So where’s your logic now, huh? Yeah. I thought so…

And if we can make purple out of blue and red, how come you can buy purple paint? Another point to team pickle… :wink:

1 Like

Anotyer logic point, sorry…:
Do you REALLY trust the average person with an airplane…?:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Also, ski and water-planes can’t be landed anywhere.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: They’re too specialized.

As for paints, some people want a specific colour, you get the hardware store to mix it for you, and purple shades can be really hard to get, so for convenience we buy it ready-made. And pickles aren’t for convenience, they’re totally unnecessary!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

OK so now I’ve got you caught up in a logic feedback loop… Wheeled aircraft can’t land where sea and ski planes can land.

And I’m an average person (with ADHD), and I’ve been flying planes since I was a kid. There’s nothing to it, a piece of cake. Or pickle.

Ah hah! Gotcha!

I rest my case, cogito ergo sum ad nauseum.

Simply untrue. They provide iodine and electrolytes, as well as vitamin P.

Not really. Most people don’t live on water, nor in places with perpetual snow.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I mean, antarctic and polar planes, maybe, but most people live in warmer, land-based locations.

And don’t EVER consider yourself average. When you think you’re representative of humanity, it proves you a complete moron. (Sorry, had a colleague who insisted that an idea I presented was shit because SHE didn’t understand it, so no ‘normal person’ could [mind you, I hadn’t even explained it yet], so it was useless. 2 months later after a lot of flailing and failing they ended up with a great idea that worked. Happened to be identical to what I had wanted to suggest…)

Purple being a hard colour to get doesn’t prove pickes aren’t useless…:joy::joy:

You know what else has electrolytes and iodine? Fresh foods that tastes way better and has way more minerals and intact vitamins in them! And you don’t need vitamin P, just have some vitamin C instead (cucumber, just realized that could be misinterpreted…)

1 Like

The average person has two arms, two legs, two eyes, a nose, a mouth and is commonly a moron. Therefore, I am average. Touche!

Most metaphors don’t bear up under close examination. But you pickle haters just have to keep tugging at the string, don’t you?

Well the pickle haters have once again shown their infexibility and gutter tactics, only to utterly miss the point.

Pickles ARE good. And a unique source of vitamin P.

Average person doesn’t have ADHD. That makes you (and the rest of us) speshul!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I like sauerkraut…

1 Like

Thank you all for your warm welcome! Those who replied in favor of pickles will be added to my Christmas hitlist! (codename for “targeted for termination”) :wink:

Seriously though, you’re a fun bunch. This conversation flew off topic exactly how I expected to. Keep it up, brains. :smile:

3 Likes

I feel like I’ve been railroaded now…

+1 for the International Amalgamated Pickle and Associated Preserved Food Association (IAPAAPFA).

Preemptive strike headed your way. Operation Arclight, a wing of B-52s full of anchovies…

1 Like

This sentence is something you would only find in a forum with Brains …I love it!!!

Pickles are amazing. Period.

Especially spicy pickled Okra. Everyone should try it.

1 Like

You really need to give some grace to the pickletypical community, Techster!

2 Likes

Just wondering, people who are colourblind often can’t see purple (procrastination tip: youtube enchroma glasses). Which begs the obvious question. If a purple tree in a wood falls over and there is nobody to witness it, is the tree then made of pickles? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Hhm that certainly is food for thought :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like