ADHD and facial expressions

Some people with ADHD cannot regulate their emotions, their emotions can be frequent and intense.

The result is that some people with ADHD may give inappropriate facial expressions.

Do people agree ?

2 Likes

I think my experience has been that I am suppressing my reactions, so I instead do not react, and then people who know me see that I am slowly cooking off in the corner (if angry) or vibrating with excitement, and they can take time to help me safely and appropriately release that emotion.
Otherwise, I am reacting and emoting and my facial reactions are the least of the concern if anything is not appropriate. (I.E. my words/actions do more than my facial expressions.)
I cannot say I have heard this come up. Sorry.

1 Like

It me. :raising_hand_woman:t2:

2 Likes

My face always telegraphs my thoughts to people, whether I want it to or not. It makes me the world’s worst liar, because I immediately get Liar Face every time I try. Sure makes it interesting to parent a teenager.

2 Likes

I swear, when wynona’s “odd” facial reactions during the SAG award night was the biggest news of the week, I screamed “SHE’S EXACTLY ME BUT FAMOUS!” image image image image image

1 Like