ADHD Online Coworking

Hi All,

I am struggling big time with being productive at home… Just caught myself watching a new netflix show because it was “only 20 mins long” - this was in the middle of a task at work, thanks to an email notification from netflix :sweat_smile:

I heard about this online co-working/shadowing thing that is used by ADHDers to stay on task by virtually working along side others. I’ve looked all over google but I can’t actually find anything. - Does anybody here use a platform like this or know of any?

Basically I need an accountability buddy! If anybody’s interested…🙋

Thanks!
Cat

1 Like

Hi @Cat_James,

I have the same problem. Yesterday I actually visited an actual (real life) cowering space, which was very temping and a nice space. But I believe in these times to expensive for me, for I have a beautiful office of my own next to my apartment. The virtual platforms I checked out, but didn’t#t try yet. I don#t know, since you don#t know the people there, I am kind of afraid that I would find it strange not to know, if I have anything in common. I looked at fcocusmate, the common desk and WeCoffee. Check it out, I think I like focus mate best.
But after that, I actually started to look for people I can report to and share things with, like people I know. And as I said, I tried to find an actual cowering space. Which time zone do you live in?

Greetings,
Annamaria

2 Likes

Hi Annamaria,

I’ve been working from home since September last year and by January 2020 I had come to the realisation that I need more structure. I was all set to join an in person co-working space but then the global pandemic put a hold on that and realistically it will be a while before I can try anything in person…

Oh thank you I’ll check out your suggestions! Yeah I know what you mean though about it being with strangers and not knowing if you’ll have anything in common. I live abroad, in Italy, so I don’t really have the same network of people around me that I would have had at home… not to mention I totally get stuck in that out of sight out of mind mentality and am very inconsistent with keeping in contact with friends long distance :sweat_smile:

So I think an online accountability buddy is my best option for the moment. I live in Italy so the time zone is GMT +2 - This also makes it a little difficult to find someone as most platforms I find online are American based.

1 Like