Alright, be honest how many tabs do you have open atm?

You can post a screenshot or just say the number of tabs you have open. But I know we’re all guilty of it. I’m just curious as to what the average is.
I’ll start, here’s how my browser(s) sit right now(and how I was using them)

1 Like

@moderator delete this. didn’t see the other thread before posting

1 Like

What are the odds? Great minds think alike they say. :smile:

1 Like

lol. For sure I looked up and realized I had two browser open which I hadn’t even realized shrug
which is why i posted

1 Like

Not as much as usual, so you caught me at a good time :3! (I’m that person who has so many tabs that you can’t even read what the pages are anymore XD (warning that can make your browser crash though :T) )

1 Like

Right now? 10.

1 Like

Two. Tabs slow my laptop down too much, I hate having too many open.

1 Like

I can’t actually focus with tabs open when on the lap top, things lag and I get frustrated.
How many tabs in my head open right now? 7. And Renee Zellwegger singing Roxie Hart.

1 Like

Just 19. And I just realized that I’m not listening to youtube like I normally am, so there should be 2-5 more youtube tabs. Better go open those. =D

I’ve been doing worse, since I changed my chrome settings to save what I previously had open, but the 19 is just from today.

1 Like
  1. I try to keep it to between 3 and 5, but I’ll be honest, it doesn’t last long when I do get it down to that few.
2 Likes

I’m on my work pc so only have 5 atm because if i open more I run out of ram ;( chrome is such a ram muncher but at home if im working on something i often have so many all i can see is the x button so thats probably like over 30 tabs at times… it gets to the point where I don’t know where the tab that i want to open is so I just open another one

3 Likes

Um. including the one I opened to read this post? 17.
My wife actually called me out on this on my home PC. Sigh. On my Work PC right now. My home one has like… 20 something, I think.

2 Likes

Fifteen at the moment, haha. I always tease my mom about how many she leaves open, but the other day I had fifty or so up, so I’m probably not one to talk. XD It really slows down my internet, though.

1 Like

My gosh fifty o. O?!?! I don’t think I’ve ever gotten that far. Probably under 30 max for me. That’s quite a lot dude.

3 Likes

Yeeeeeah, it was the fault of TV Tropes. :joy: Normally I try to keep it shorter than that, haha.

4 Likes

If you are interested in comparing scores, there’s a poll I set up here for exactly the same question. :+1:

2 Likes

Well right now in this moment I have none because I’m on my phone XD.

2 Likes

Mobile: ≈ 150
Laptop: ≈ 50
Desktop: ≈ 300?
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

6 here on my tablet. I lower several on my iMac downstairs, so that’s probably about 12. My computer at work, probably about 9. It’s a slow day.

1 Like

Checking in again just cause. 29, over three browser instances.
One window is just for a constantly refreshing status on our retail locations backup power units. (Cashiers etc like to plug space heaters in where they shouldn’t, sometimes stores forget that unit will only last for maybe a half hour and don’t call in power outs… etc.)
One window, with 24 tabs, 6 are youtube videos to listen to while working, one is reddit, 8 is stuff I just opened from this forum, 3 are links to providers for a CPAP that I need to figure out who to go with, one is spotify, on is discord, one is a google search from two weeks ago that I need to follow up on for career info, on is hackthebox.eu, and one is a page that was taking forever to load and forgot on friday night when I left work.
The last window has 5 tabs. Ticket tracking system, asset tracking system, bullet journal info (trying to set one up again. Sigh.), web interface for a store power supply, and mobile device management window.

heeeeeeelp meeeeeeeee.

1 Like