And we’re off and racing...

Started Ritalin today at mega low dose of 5mg bid. I know it’s only day 1, but holy Dooley was I ever a whirling dervish. Normally, even on good days of getting things done, I’ll spend at least a few hours lying on my bed browsing social media, looking stuff on the interwebz, and being foggy and distracted about how the day will go.
Today, I got up at 7am, and 13 hours later stopped long enough to look at this forum. Not only did I get my stuff done, but was actively looking to get my wife’s and mother-in-law’s jobs done. And it wasn’t “speedy”; just like, “ok, what needs to be done around the house now. I could do x. Yep, let’s get it done.”
There’s no way that’s gunna last, righhhtt???

4 Likes

Yes and no. My days are no longer as spectacular as that first experience of sitting down to work and, well, working! But there is definitely a new normal that is a whole lot more productive than the old one.

Someone called adhd pills to ‘time pills’ and it really did feel like that! I am not the wonderwoman I felt like on day one but it’s way better than it used to be. And I can notice more easily if I am falling back into my old ways, and work out something to change to help me get back on track. Which might still take me weeks or months to do, but a few weeks of being underproductive every now and again is still way better than 45 years of it :joy::joy::joy:

Enjoy this part of the journey :kissing_closed_eyes: I found it magical and hopeful alongside the more negative aspects that were a bit harder to deal with.

4 Likes