Bedroom/Study Design

As part of a transition into a new stage in my life, I’m redesigning my bedroom/study; making it a place where I can study and live comfortably. I want it to be a place where I can work and live comfortably with my ADHD. But I don’t know what that needs to look like for me. I don’t know what I should get rid of and what I should keep. I don’t even know where to start. I’ve tried looking online, but haven’t had much luck.

If anyone had any suggestions, tips, resources, or anything else that might help, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @potato!

I’m newly diagnosed with ADHD, so I’ve only been researching this for a little while.

What I’ve done at my desk at work is to try to minimize physical distractions, and putting a couple of “fidgets” within easy reach. I made a conscious effort to put things where they belong, books on the bookshelf, spare pens in the desk drawer, etc.

It’s still a work in progress, and I need to apply the same mindset to my computer. I’m naturally disorganized, so it takes a lot of trial and error for me to come up with a good organization system. (It was easier when I worked in a store or office where someone else had already created the system, and simply taught it to me.)

One thing to be aware of is how many “gathering points” you’re using to collect stuff. Check out what entrepreneur Dave Crenshaw (who also has ADHD) has to say about this. https://davecrenshaw.com/?s=gathering+points

1 Like