Can anyone relate nighttime routine?

OK so first of all, if I start getting ready for bed at let’s say 10:05, I’ll usually be in bed with the light off by 10:45 . I am a maladaptive daydreamer which basically means I go into very intense daydreams for fun but they’re also addicting like watching a movie. So I might go to the bathroom put toothpaste on my toothbrush and then daydream for 20 minutes then I might brush my teeth and maybe come to my room and brush my hair or start looking at power school or doing some other random thing. Does anybody else have similar bedtime troubles? Oh and by the way I’m 13 not diagnosed with ADHD, but I think I have it and hopefully will get diagnosed soon.

I’m just trying to find things in my life that I struggle with and hear other peeps to see if they have experienced similar or the same thing.

Ugh I’ve been through this. I start going bed around 10 and no matter what end up actually turning the the lights off at 1 something…
You’re not alone in this, don’t be afraid to reach out :blush:

1 Like

Yes, even as an adult i have trouble getting to bed on time. And thats not even with the daydreaming thingy. You aren’t alone. Talk to your doc about this too! He/she may be able to help. :slight_smile:

Gabriel Garcia Marquez was such a day-dreamer that sometimes when he rode the city bus home from school he would forget to get off at his stop. The driver could get to the end of the route, and then find him sitting in the back seat talking to imaginary people, out loud, holding whole conversations for minutes or hours on end. The driver listened, sometimes, and then told Marquez those people weren’t there, and Marquez would say, “well, sure, but so what? They’re more interesting than you.” Marquez went on to become one of the greatest novelists ever, and won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1982.

2 Likes