This is part vent and part questions for tips.
I guess the first part is going to be a bit of a ramble. First I think I might have some ODD symptoms, as I can’t stand being told what to do when it comes to cleaning and such. Like if someone comes to tell me to go clean I will flat out refuse, because I really don’t want to do it just because they told me to. When people then keep bugging me, I end up getting really upset. Like today I ended up fighting with my sister. It is partly because she just refuses to see what I have done for her. I have cleaned up after her, done her laundry, driven her to meet her friends - you know been a mom. So when she came today and told me to do the dishes, because she was going to cook and she doesn’t like doing the dishes. I told her no, I’m not doing it. And she just kept getting on my case, calling me a five-year-old because I continued to refuse. And then she tries to go all adult on me, treat me like a child and kept patronizing me, despite me telling her to please lay off me and leave me alone, as I’m really upset and when she asks me why, I told her that I have ADHD, this is part of my struggle and I just need her to leave me alone, so that I can calm down, and that I will do the dishes later. She then keeps telling me to take my anti-anxiety medication, and I have no idea what she is thinking, because I’m angry not anxious and that is not going to help me.
So now that the vent is over, here comes the questions.
- Does anyone else expirence anger over being told what to do? (does not need to be about cleaning)
- How do you nip it in the bud and stop it from blowing up?
- How do you teach yourself to be less stubborn regarding things like this?
- For the adults out there, with ADHD. Have any of you also experienced this being treated like a child by others around you?
- If 4, how do you stop yourself from blowing up on them and resenting them? (Because I guess I love my sister, but everytime she or others treats me like that I just can’t help myself from letting that resentment build up)