Confused about Ritalin La

I first started taking Ritalin La yesterday, and it helped me a lot to focus… today I took it too but it felt like I didn’t… I was extremely distracted, couldn’t sit still and couldn’t concentrate the whole day…

2 Likes

It takes a little time and adjustment of medication type dose and delivery to get it right. Some people are fortunate to get a great result straight up and others not so much.

I am still working on medication and have been for many months.

M

1 Like

First of all thanks.
So it means that I might have to use a different medication? Because I took the same amount of medication from the same type yesterday and today in the mornings…
Or it means that my body just needs to adjust itself to the med? Because yesterday it worked perfectly and today it didn’t work at all…

Your body will need quite some time to get used to it, and the dose might also need to be adjusted, as your body gets used to the current dose. So it’s a bit of a balance act you should be doing together with your doctor. But yeah, it’s not abnormal taking a while to find the right dose and delivery (Ritalin vs. Ritalin LA, Concerta, etc.). And some just respond to certain medications better than others, like Methyl Phenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, etc.), Dexamphetamine (Adderall, etc.), and whatever Sonata is (I forgot the chemicals in it…:sweat_smile:). But the first step is usually to try to find the right dose of what your doctor has given you for now.:blush:

1 Like

I try to read the threads about drug-changing, just because I want to examine and improve my own drug therapies. I currently take Adderall (the generic equivalent) for the ADHD and I like it. I tried Ritalin previously, and have tried nothing else, so I wonder, if Adderall is my best possible therapy or not. I have no experience with the “LA” (long-acting) version of Ritalin personally. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me on Concerta, but unfortunately adjusting doses never worked for me. Mainly because I only gave it like a week to work, then i would go off to my psychiatrist to switch up the doses and/or meds. I suggest you keep taking ritalin (la) for about 3-4 more weeks. If that doesn’t work then you can talk to your doctor about changing doses, or switching medication if altering the doses doesn’t work.

2 Likes

then you might have just been hyperfocused before