Couldn't sleep, did laundry, swept and painted...

I am trying to allow myself to have inconvenient wakefulness. I sit in bed and struggle to get back to sleep sometimes. I’m just awake. Why am I fighting it?

So I give in and get some things done in the quiet of the night.

Including painting this silly ceramic rabbit that was given to me well over a year ago. Perhaps two years ago. Nothing particularly excellent about it. The colors are in my chosen Easter theme. And it’s more about the messy nature of life and creation.

We seem to be these ordered, neat little packages but we come from star dust and cosmic explosions and blood and pain. Whether God got on his knees and created us from the mud of the earth or flicked one atom to start an epic cascade of dominos to get us here… it’s all the same. A mess.

And wow… my mind takes some fantastic leaps while I am flicking paint at bunnies…

3 Likes

3 Likes

One of the pictures that I colored because of boredom.

3 Likes

Nice! Working with my hands seems to free my mind up.

1 Like

Found that if you search for comic book covers that are inked, you can find quite a few pictures like these to color. Though you do need to be more specific on the characters or artists to get it narrowed down.

2 Likes

so much talent.

2 Likes

I really wish that I was the one to draw these, but I found the black and white pictures online and colored them. These 2 are others that I finished and I am currently working on a picture of Wonder Woman. I just colored them as an adult coloring option.

1 Like