In the Winter, where I’m located, it gets dark at around 4pm and traffic starts to get really slow at all hours of the day. This time of year my life doesn’t look like a life I really enjoy:
- Wake up in the dark
- Eat breakfast in the dark
- Drive to work (or work from my office at home) in the Dark
- Grey dim sky for a few hours
- Eat lunch while trying to get a glimpse of the sun
- Drive home in bumper to bumper traffic if I drove to work, in the dark
- Walk my dog, lift weights (in the dark)
- Slightly better than bumper to bumper traffic if I have errands to run (in the dark)
- Eat dinner in the dark
I hit an “emotional minefield” at about 4pm that lasts until 6-7pm, it’s been easier to not have outbursts during this time since starting medication but the feeling is still there.
I think it’s the combination of traffic - which takes about a spoon per second for me to drive in - and cold/constant darkness.
What do you guys do about repeat stressors that come up at the same time of year?