Excel is my best friend

I absolutely love to use Excel for all kinds of things. For example I use it this week as my to do list. When I cross things off they change color and then the chart shows me my progress.

I also use it at work to keep track on the progress of my students by making the cells change color from red to green when I put in their number of good answers.

I always think I do all this to compensate for the chaos in my head. Excel makes everything visible and efficient.

Does anyone else have this? I met one other brain who did it too.

I enjoy learning how to do new things in excel. I like discovering new functions and figuring out how to use them. VLOOKUP is my best friend at work sometimes. I know there’s LOTS that excel can do that I don’t know about. How do you use it as a to do list? Do you manually change the colors or do they change when you input something specific? (I just discovered that one when i made a chart to track office timesheets, but mine’s pretty basic. Empty cell is one color, any input changes it to no color.)

Right now I really want to know more about pivot tables. Not because I understand what they do, cause i don’t yet, but they seem complex and possibly useful, and they’re calle PIVOT tables. I mean, my brain pivots from one track to another ALL. THE. TIME. So they must be cool. LOL.

Next to every task I put a “yes” when it’s done or a “no” when it isn’t done. Then I make the program count how many “yes” and “no” there are and I put that in a chart. It’s much more fun to cross things off when you see your progress visualized.

any screen shots to visualize?

not exactly the same as excel, but I made a google sheets document for my production schedule. the first one meh, but I’m hoping the new one, which will also be printed and put into my bujo, will work out better