Feeling overwhelmed

I’m feeling super stressed out at work and with life. Just putting it out there. If you feel the same way let me know! :grinning:

I feel the same at university and with life right now. Living together with my boyfriend for the first time has also proven difficult. I feel like I’m putting a lot of pressure on him when I get overwhelmed and stressed out too.

Just know that you’re not alone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes, definitely. I feel like I’ve been so disorganised with my whole life that now it’s completely overwhelming to think of the amount of work I have to do to get to a place where I want to be…

Somehow we will get to a better and less stressful place, just have to take one day at a time I guess! :slight_smile:

I was right there a couple of weeks back. The end of the rope. I’d had enough.

Today I just enjoyed a nice dinner, and some Youtube.

This too shall pass”.

Going through a divorce. Have no home yet. No job yet. This last half year has been the overwhelming cherry on my not-diagnosed-life. It all fell apart. Part of the reason why I finally pushed for answers was that I just couldn’t cope with the whole situation. I freaked out.
I am now more in control. Less overwhelmed. But that is thanks to meds, talks, my adhd emancipation and as a result adopting a more ‘f#ck the world’ attitude (sorry for my French). Feeling sooo relieved and liberated in a way.
So yes, I am so ‘happy’ to read that others are feeling overwhelmed as well. Story of my life and suddenly not alone in that anymore.

I’ve been feeling this way for over a month now. I haven’t been doing my bullet journal, I’ve failed to look at my calendar, I’ve let my house degenerate, i haven’t been cooking (just feeding my son boxed mac and cheese or microwave stuff). I’ve procrastinated at work instead of doing my tasks, and now I’m behind. I’ve struggled to figure out what is wrong. I know this will pass, but right now my motivation is in the toilet.

I’m on short term disability from work because the place does NOT work with my brain. Trying to figure out how to move countries back to my home, family, and friends. Find a new job or wait, try to get my brain in a better place so I can find purpose and interest in a company that works with my brain. But biggest is finances because while I can support myself in the short term, all of the above will wipe me and put me in even more debt.

Coupled with not having friends (except for a couple of them [ha they either have ADHD or children with it]) and feeling like my family doesn’t understand me, is disappointed, irritated or is judging me makes me want to disappear.

But one step at a time is the “mantra” I keep telling myself. I know I will get there, but it is hard and opening up and reading all your posts lifts my spirits and keeps me moving forward.

It goes in waves… but yes. Stressed.

My new college does three 10-week terms rather than two 16-week semesters. The work load and time schedule is insane. I feel like I just live in constant anxiety and stress. I get easily overwhelmed, which just makes it harder to bring myself to actually sit down and do the assignments. ugh.

I am a freshman in college and I’m so worried that I’m going to fail (from not finishing assignments, etc) or make a mistake that would kick me out. I want to be in school but I often wonder if it’s even possible to finish.

I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed too. I just can’t find it in me to go do my homework, or honestly do anything productive. The worst part is that the homework is due tmrw, and i’ll just end up doing it in the morning at school, like usual.