gopherrabbit

First time on here. Probably the oldest one on here. Was diagnosed around a year ago, though I’d been going to different psychiatrists at the VA for decades. Last night I nearly set my house on fire in the kitchen. Kind of embarrassing, since I’m a former firefighter, but my memory really sucks lately. My grass is so high you can’t see my toy poodle when she goes out to pee. Really struggling lately and no friends to share it with. So you guys are it. Sorry so long.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum and don’t worry that post wasn’t even close to being too long.

1 Like

First of all, I have to give you a huge virtual hug. You belong to two of my favorite groups of people: veterans and first responders. I, like the rest of us on here, get the struggling feeling. You are definitely not alone. Can I ask what “gopherrabbit” references?

I was having a hard time coming up with a user name some time ago, so they recommended some tips. When I was in the Army in the mid to late 70’s I drove a truck I named gopher because I was constantly running half way across Germany to the Army junk yard aka CAN yard aka cannibalization yard to get parts for our trucks. Money was really tight for the Army back then, so we had to scrounge for everything.
And the rabbit part is from me raising Flemish Giant rabbits in my back yard. You know you’re the first person to ever ask why I had such a strange user name, even though I always expected to be asked what it meant.

3 Likes

I guess it is the social worker in me: you had a reason for picking it, so it likely says something about you.

They say curiosity killed the cat, but I’m not dead yet. :wink:

1 Like

Yea that’s the compulsive character in me that makes me want to help all the time, regardless of the consequences. Probably why I became a volunteer firefighter and EMT back in the 80’s.

2 Likes

Welcome to the tribe.

I’ve never met a person with ADHD that is boring. Take what you want from that.

2 Likes