hard time understanding

Hey everyone, i have a hard time understanding questions that are written down! like i can’t break down the questions in my assignment does anyone have any tips? i wright down the questions and research them but when it gets to typing them, in so far off track my Teacher is probably just shaking her head so much ahahah. I’ve always had this issue of not being about to read between the lines of the questions, I’ve tried highlighting the actual things it wants but i completely miss what they are saying.

1 Like

Would it help if you could read it out load? I had a special concession when writing tests and exams and could do so alone with someone keeping an eye hence I could read it out load

2 Likes

ill try that thanks :slight_smile: i would go to a tutor but they are so expensive in Australia. i was meant to get a helper with my assignments in the course im studying but they still haven’t assigned her to me.

1 Like

At university (the first time) I used to not write my exams but would have a oral exam either typing it or having it as a challenge exam where your lectures and the moderator would sit and ask you questions relevant to the scope of the exam I used to love a challenge exam. However the second time around I am doing accounting and will if I see it is necessary request exstra time to complete. At my old uni u used to get 15min per hour extra time with the right documentation. Luckily I was in a high school for students with “learning barriers” hence I had no issues. Try having 20 brains in a class. Best of luck with your studies

2 Likes

when i was studding Nursing i failed my exam and my Teacher called me and asked for my verbal answers and i could do it better being asked the question rather than trying to read it but the Tafe im going to now wont do that for me sadly i sit and think what is wrong with me but forget ive been diagnosed as ADHD aha but was only diagnosed this year in January maybe i can get my Partner to ask me the question and i can verbally answer while he Wrights down the key points i made so i can form them into a paragraph

1 Like

I understand I am the same. Could they give you a good reason why they could not accommodate you? In South Africa most of the universities has a center for students with disabilities this includes blind, physically impaired, brains etc and they assist students as far possible and there are awesome people part of it why not find out if your university does not have something similar?

0 Likes

i was told when i started that they would assign someone to me for free being i am diagnosed as with something that requires learning help but already a month in and still nothing. each students gets a Trainer ( teacher) and i email her my questions but she cant help because she cant give much information to me as a Teacher which sucks a lot since my questions are to do with the questions they are asking me and im a distance student so all my assessments are done from home so i cant go in and see anyone as they are all in a different state of Australia

0 Likes

Perhaps look into something like skype? I know its easy to sit a world away and say something like look at skype but honestly if you are like me emails is not the way to go. I need to hear the instructions and make sure I understand it hence reading will not help a lot in my opinion.

1 Like

Hi I hope you are feeling better and you have everything sorted out now?

0 Likes

Yeah I called my institute yesterday and they supplied the helper and she’s already helped me finish my assignment and given me good tips to help me pass

2 Likes

Great news!:clap::grin: Glad to hear they finally helped you out!:wink:

0 Likes

yeah shes really helped i sent her my assignment to review and fixed it up for me as my sentence structure is something ive always had issues with

1 Like

Awesome! Good luck! Let us know how it goes, hehe.:blush::+1:

0 Likes