Hello from my dining room

Hello everyone!

I’m Dom, a (soon-to-be) chemistry professor who’s in the process of figuring stuff out. After banging my head against the wall trying to be “normal” my entire life & then trying to navigate the mental health system to find answers (or not), I’m an adult self-dx cADHD/Autistic/cPTSD awaiting the results of a neuropsych eval to confirm-or-deny any or all of that. But regardless of what the eval says, I feel my neurodivergence in my core.

I honestly don’t know what I’m looking for here. Community? Answers? Support? Or maybe just somewhere to be understood without having to either mask or be constantly justifying myself? Whichever it is, I’m really just hoping to be able to be honest without fear and to be able to connect with y’all in a meaningful way.

Looking forward to getting to know myself and all of you a bit better on here!

Best,

~ Dom

3 Likes

Hello @ChemProfDom . Welcome to the HowToADHD forums!

You can find a lot of that here. The Brains on this site are a pretty good bunch. People come and go, but all are welcome.

Feel free to read over the posts (past and present), join the conversation, and just be yourself.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, @j_d_aengus! I’ll definitely be reading everything here I can get my paws on, and I’m sure I will be asking questions everywhere. Hope I don’t become too much of a pest :rofl:

1 Like

You wouldn’t be the first one to feel like you’re a pest here, and you won’t be the last…(I’ve felt like I was being a pest on this forum sometimes, too.)

But, by all means, pester away!

We’ve all got our own thoughts, ideas, experiences, and questions to talk about. This is a great forum to bring them up on (as long as you’re following the site terms of use, that is… which aren’t draconian by any means).

3 Likes