Hello,im new here..finally

Hi guys so my name is faith and im from kenya,24yrs old…im not diagnosed coz where im from mental disorders aren’t “real”…ive lived such a rough life coz i didn’t have access to the information that led me here…ive lived in shame,self hate and depression…attempted suicide a couple of times…my family and friends just didnt get how i could be so wreckless…im currently in journey to sobriety,i started drinking and smoking when i was 14…ive gone through sexual abuse as a kid to my teenhood…anyway im thankful to have found this forum coz i want to understand myself better and kinda stop living on the edge 24/7…i wanna start living my life and enjoying it

6 Likes

Welcome. I hope that this community can be of help and support to you. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

@Matilda_Berry
Hello, Faith, and welcome to the HowToADHD forums!

I hope that you can find a lot of good information to help you here. We have a great community on this forum, and a lot of interesting people.

So glad that you could join us!

Your background story is heartbreaking. (My ex-wife and a few others I’ve known went through similar childhood adversities growing up in the US. It’s tragic trust people can be treated so badly by others, but inspiring to know that you are overcoming your circumstances.)
I admire your courage in looking for the answers you need, especially despite the opinions about mental disorders where you’re from.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Faith! We get you. A cyber “hug” to acknowledge what you had to go through (and still may be going through)!

2 Likes

Thank you so much to all of you…i feel like a huge weight has been lifted from me just by reading your responses.

2 Likes

Welcome Faith ! to the forum ! In some societies , ethnic minority groups , mental health may not be taken seriously .

Good luck !

2 Likes

Faith, WELCOME!

We are here to support you and be helpful. No prejudice, no judgements . . . Only all of us together as a tight knit group . . . a “Family”.

Barry
USA

2 Likes

@Matilda_Berry

Hi! Welcome here :heart:
Just like you, I’m also new here.
It’s heartbreaking to hear how much you’ve been through.

May the road ahead be full of all the love and peace your soul seek for :heart:

In the meanwhile, hang here in this community whenever you can. We’re in this together :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you guys…going through some dark days but i will get through it…time heals

2 Likes