Hello! My name is, "My whole world has been turned upside-down"! And how are you lol!

Hello everyone! My name is Emily and I am a 34 year old first time mother, full time student, and full time employee. I thought I suffered from Depression and Anxiety since I was 10, to find out 2 weeks ago that I have ADHD and was most likely misdiagnosed as a kid/teen. I have never participated in forums, this is actually the first one I have ever been on, but as everything I have ever thought about myself was thrown for a loop, I find myself needing to see that I am not alone. I am not on meds yet for my ADHD but I am hoping that will come soon. My doctor suggested the How to ADHD YouTube page and I have been binge watching videos all day. I was excited to see the website and find out this forum existed. To everyone who is on here, thank you for sharing yourself and I look forward learning more and figuring this ADHD out lol.

Welcome Emily! :grinning: You’re in good company :blush:

Welcome to the tribe Emily. You are definitely not alone.

At least you got here 15 years before I did (age wise). :smile:

You are in the right place here, for sure.

Welcome Emily! You are not alone! It is a mindblowing experience, isn’t it? Same story here. Always depressed and a sense of failure and than to find out there was something underneath it all that explained alot!
The best part for me is that I can stop feeling negative about myself. I am almost 51 years old and I am finally starting to understand! This forum is a feast of recognition.

Hello Emily!

Just got here myself and I’m a 30-year-old married electrician.

I was also diagnosed with anxiety and depression before ADHD was considered a viable option.

Strange how things start to slot into place once you add the right pieces.