Hi everyone here

Just found How to ADHD yesterday thought I would give this a try. I want to say thank you to this community for being here. Knowing I am not the only one struggling with this helps. Up until a few years ago I had thought I had my ADHD under control but I did not. Until a few day ago when I found HOW TO ADHD YouTube channel I did not know some of the things I have been struggling with may be part of my ADHD. I don’t do this at all I don’t Inter act with the Internet like most do I just observe. I never fill out anything telling about me or putting out myself like this I think out of fear of judgment. But for some reason I have the ability to pass that barrier here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the HowToADHD forums community!

glad you’re here and thanks for being a patron too!

1 Like

hello and welcome!

1 Like

@devilfire

We do not judge . . . We share, listen, and try to be helpful. I do no other “social media” or belong to any other “chat groups” except for this one. I’ve revealed more intimate details here than I have with most of my lifelong friends (and I’m 75 and with friends for over 65 yrs!).

Barry

2 Likes

TY. In the last few day this is most I have revealed about my struggle then ever in my life. I think because here I know I am not the only one struggling with this.

2 Likes

Absolutely. We may struggle in different ways or more with some things than others . . . And even though I suppose everyone in this world struggles from time to time, we :brain::brain::brain: (as we refer to ourselves) are creative problem solvers. We may march to a different drummer, ignore convention, irritate some who always “do things by the book” . . . But we find our own way; arrive at solutions that work for us; are self-directed . . . etc.

All of which, imho, is just the way we have to do it!

Others may look at us as “Rigid”? . . . “Stubborn”? . . . “Uncooperative”? . . . “Difficult”?

But as my wife has said to me many times over the 48 yrs. of our marriage: “You may not be easy . . .but you’re certainly not boring!”

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I find this to be a very supportive group. Basically, if you screw up and fail to manage your ADHD, there will probably be nobody telling you that you did something wrong. I don’t find other places on the internet so nice, even in comparison to other places where I totally agree with the background premise (places where my politics are exactly the same as the official line of the group sponsoring the place, f.e.). At all the other places it’s like, you can always step on someone else’s toes and suddenly they’re telling you that you “did it wrong” or something. Here, there’s a LOT less of that difficulty, IMO.

2 Likes