Hi Everyone, I'm... Well a bit of everything!

Hi peeps, I’m down in New Zealand, Dxed with ADHD at around 5, taking meds on and off ever since, I own a business growing strawberrys in greenhouses, I also keep bees and sort of play the cello when I can. I’m looking forward to getting to know some more brains from around the world! (I also have pets… Many pets, 20 chick’s, about 15 quails, 12 pigs and one heck of a cat (Named Tilikum)

2 Likes

Welcome Tilikum” . . .

1 Like

@Donald_Crosby

You too Donald . . . :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, Tilikum is one heck of a cat!

1 Like

Welcome aboard. A bee keeper my dad has kept bees most of my life. I have a lifetime of memories of being stung constantly not only when working with them but even at home when they woukd find a way into the house and i would manage to find them with an exposed body part. Checking clothing and bedding before use became a normal part of my day. So I not a fan of European bees. But you can’t deny they are a fascinating creature. I have just started keeping Australian Natives honey production is small less than a kg or 2 a year and is fairly destructive in the fact that you have to essentially destroy the structure in the super to get it out. But stinginess very small hives under 10Kg so easy to deal with and no real issues with disease. A few pests that can wipe out a hive and they don’t need working or re queening and will go decades quite happily without any real intervention.

M

1 Like

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: With varroa etc beekeeping can be an almost not idea line of work for brain but it’s a lot better than some!!

1 Like

Hello there!

I would totally screw with the strawberries and if for some miracle I managed to get some to ripe I probably would eat then all myself… :rofl: I’m really like the idea of having my own garden and grow my own stuff but the times I tried didn’t end well, I managed to get some ears of corn and 60+ beans once on those school science projects, I got more luck with herbs but then… dogs… they kindly collaborate and “irrigate” the herbs for me, tried vases but I always forget to take care of then and they end up dry, trees are a lot easier to take care as they usually go by themselves after a while (unless you have to remember to chop it once in a while so the avocados don’t fall and brake your roof twice per year… lol) but I don’t have the space for them here.

I have 3 cats and 5 dogs, but it must be nice to have the space to have that many animals as you have and it seems to be a very cool place to live as well.

2 Likes