Hi everyone

Hi everyone thought I would introduce myself and explain my journey

I’m 19 years old and I first decided to get tested for adhd when I started my nursing course, I found I was behind in my work, not meeting study criteria, I tried to study, i had note books filled with study but could never retain information, I was always distracted and waited till last minute, I’ve always struggled with learning, I was in after school tutoring classes and that helped but now as a 19 year old my English skills are poor and my maths is too, all my school report cards state Keirra needs to force more in class, is too distracted, she talks too much to her class mates. Now after school and working I need reminders to stay on tasks and what needs to be done, I’ll serve a customer and spend 5 -10 minutes trying to remember what I was doing and byt hen I have started another task, when doing repetitive work i find myself moving to another task after doing that one for 10 - 20 minutes or I go talk to co workers
My home life is getting too much I’m so behind in house work and my clutter is piling up I spend my day doing things that aren’t important but I’m in a mind set that I cant leave, am I just lazy or not trying hard enough or is this ADHD? I guess I’ll find out in a few days, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression in 2013 mostly came from being bullied because I wasn’t smart enough I didnt fit in

Hello Keirra and welcome!

Poor working memory, procrastination and attention deficit are all classic traits. We also tend to have problems with depression and anxiety.

I hope the assessment goes well, let us know how it turns out!

Hello Keirra! Welcome!

I doubt you’re lazy. Your report cards sound a lot like mine. “Needs to pay better attention in class.” “Bubbly personality - but distracts other students by talking.” And I can’t even begin to tell you about the clutter in my apartment. Clothes all over the floor in the bedroom and sometimes the couch. My dining table has become the “ADHD Drop Zone”. My kitchen piles up and I get so intimidated and overwhelmed I put it off… which just causes us to add more dirty dishes and making it even BIGGER than before… which causes the cycle to repeat… the last two weekends I had to cave and ask my Mom to help me… because I just couldn’t do it. I felt like I was so lazy… but I know that’s not it. I know that’s not it because the laziness isn’t a choice. I sit there and actively think “you just need to get up… and take the trash out. That’s all. Trash. Come on. You can do it. Get up. Move. Please get up. Please? Come on it’s just the trash.” Like I actively want to get it done… but for some reason the memo doesn’t reach the right part of my brain and body. When you exhaust yourself because you know things need to get done but for some reason, no matter how much you try, you can’t make yourself do it… that’s not laziness. Laziness is knowing something needs to get done and actively choosing not to do it because you just don’t want to. :heart:

I hope the appointment goes well for you.

This is me all over Harley. My house is perpetually dirty, and I’m so embarrassed. I know it’s not my fault, but when my ex says something nasty it still bugs me.