Hi guys! My name is Misha...

I’m 27 years old. I was diagnosed with ADHD at a very young age, and more recently diagnosed with Bipolar II disorder. I’ve found that having a dual diagnosis can make it even more difficult to deal with ADHD. I don’t really know how these forums work, but I’d like to hear what people have to say about it. I never took ADHD that seriously until I watched Jessica’s Ted Talk and realized that it (along with other issues) is the reason I’ve kept dropping out of school. Her talk gave me so much hope and I’m planning on going back to school in 2020 after I get things straightened out with my doctor. I’ve been watching the How To ADHD channel regularly ever since I saw her Ted Talk about a week ago. Her videos fill me with so much hope, and really make me feel like I’m a part of the tribe. I hope all you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :blush: And thank you, thank you, thank you for everything you do! Much Love, from my family to yours!!! :heart:

Do you mean comorbid mental health (two or mental mental health things you are working on) or dual diagnosis (mental health thing you are working on in addition to substance abuse).

It’s hard to talk about mental health sometimes. You just want to say the right words. And just be careful who you ask the question to.

Hello Michael and welcome!!

I think we have a couple people around here that have ADHD & Bipolar (I don’t know which one, though!)! Even still, you’re more than welcome here and I hope you are able to get the help, support, encouragement, and fun you need from these forums and the lovely community here. :grin: I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely and that you have a nice Christmas, or Hanukkah, or whatever it is you celebrate! :smiley:

I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS A THING.
WHY WOULD THEY CALL THAT DUAL DIAGNOSIS.
NO WHERE DOES THAT SAY SUBSTANCE ABUSE TO PEOPLE THAT DON’T KNOW ABOUT IT.
OHGOD.
Thanks for teaching me something new :joy:

I jumped the gun. I still need to get officially diagnosed as an adult. I have struggled with a substance use disorder as well, and we’ll see about everything else. I don’t know all of the lingo yet, but I’ve been watching the How To ADHD channel and a lot of Dr. Russell Barkley stuff on YouTube. I’m actually in the middle of a road trip to see a Doctor in Utah and am going to see if a family member will join me. I hope I haven’t been intruding, I just feel like I’ve finally found a community full of brains like mine and I got really excited about being a part of the tribe. Now I’m just going to listen and observe until I see this Doctor and learn more. Thank you for letting me feel welcome! :grinning:

Please don’t think you are intruding in any way, shape of form!

You are welcome here. If you struggle with the same things others with ADHD struggle with, if you benefit from and find comfort in HowToADHD’s videos, you belong here and are a part of this tribe, official diagnosis or not!