Hi, new to this forum :)

Hey Brains,

My name is Sarika and I’m a 26 year old woman from India. I got diagnosed with ADHD and depression a week ago, and I’ve been feeling relieved and frustrated at the same time. I’ve been struggling since almost a decade now but only realised I needed help after watching Jessica’s TED talk. I cried throughout the video for how much I could relate with her journey. I’m really grateful to her and her YouTube channel as they acted as a catalyst in me getting diagnosed and getting medical/ therapeutic help. Until a few months back, I thought I was a lazy, clumsy, and stupid woman and my miserable life was all my fault. Hoping to find some support and friends here😊

6 Likes

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

@Sarika, Welcome! Here you will find many kindred spirits/brains of all ages. Browse the forum, ask questions, share your experiences if you wish. We are a friendly community!

2 Likes

Hello @Sarika , we’re happy to have you here. Welcome to the HowToADHD forums!

I found Jessica’s TED Talk shortly after I had decided to get evaluated for ADHD (in 2020, at the age of 45). When I did get my ADHD diagnosis, suddenly the struggles I had dealt with my whole life (particularly with college and career) made complete sense. I wasn’t lazy, I wasn’t procrastinating out of habit or some character flaw, I have an explainable and treatable condition. (Now I see some signs in my children, but none of them seems to be as impaired as I am.)

1 Like

Welcome @Sarika !

1 Like

Thank you!

welcome!!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

@Sarika

Based upon my experience to date . . . That is a certainty!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi there I am newly diagnosed adhd and a single mum of five young adults. I am not on meds yet but soon to be. I just need to know how to structure yourself and life is lonely too thanks

1 Like