Hi...we’re nervous

We’re Bo, we’re 26, we’re an OSDD1-b system of six and we’re running the gambit as it were. Introductions are always hard as we have to explain ourselves each time and that lingering anxiety over being believed or understood gnaws at us each time, tearing us between being infodump honest and clamped shut, haha, guess which one you guys are getting? We’ve had our ADHD diagnosis since we’re were toddlers and our Autism diagnosis since 16 but our treatment history is just a bunch of starts before having to start all over again like the worst time trying to learn the fingering for a difficult chord on guitar but your nails keep cutting your fingers and your fingers can’t reach all the way across the neck…and there goes our confidence but we’re not deleting anything we refuse we’ve come this far anyway…

Hi.

7 Likes

Why do you keep saying “We’re” I am confused also Welcome tho!

3 Likes

OSDD1-b is a form of Dissociative Identity Disorder where the personalities in question can co-con, stay conscious at the same time, and have memories separated by emotional amnesia, making a memory that doesn’t belong to the personality viewing it feel like a YouTube video rather than a personal experience. We’re 6 people in one body.

5 Likes

Welcome and thank you for the clarification . . .

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Is any one personality more prominent?

5 Likes

Honestly it depends on which one of us is getting more engagement from the activity or if there is a strong emotional response or need to show up. For instance Erin, our moderator, handles situations that require movement or action despite emotional or mental compromise with the least distress or damage after, while Bill, our protector, handles pain and danger better.

5 Likes

And Su, our companion, gets easily scared of horror games, ending up in the front seat through sheer tension :joy:

5 Likes

Welcome to the HowToADHD forums @Bo06!
We are glad to have you.

I can understand dissociative disorders a little bit. (At least I can say that I didn’t just learn about then from comic books and crime fiction TV shows.)

• I know someone who has presented different personalities, but for them it seemed to be very different from what you’ve described about yourselves.
  • Aside from that, thanks to my mom (who got her Associates Degree in psychology) in know about the book ‘Sybil’ (but some quick internet research revealed that the person that book was about admitted to taking what was then called ‘multiple personality disorder’, or MPD).

I hope that you can feel welcome here. We certainly have a diverse and accepting group of people here.

I have mild-to-moderate ADHD (Inattentive presentation, diagnosed just last year at 45 years old, while I was being treated for Anxiety). I’ve found a tribe here, and I hope you can feel the same way.

3 Likes

Hi Bo! (Is Bo your system name or the person who was fronting at the time?)
I’m glad you were brave enough to introduce yourself! It’s nice to meet you guys :slight_smile: welcome to the forum!

5 Likes

Bo is our system name, an acronym for Body Of. We’re…hopeful to be here if that makes sense

5 Likes

Everyone is welcome here. (Even if all 6 of you show up at the same time.)

5 Likes

Ah that’s a great system name! I love it :heart:

4 Likes

Welcome @Bo06 to the forum !

3 Likes

Welcome @Bo06, gottla say realy like the succinctbut but meaningful handle.

2 Likes