How do you guys stim?

Although also, it is a bit different for me. As I’m mainly stimming while doing maladaptive daydreaming, which is kind of a different phenomenon. And the stims are more BECAUSE I’m more stimulated, not to BECOME more stimulated. Stimming helps me immersify in the dream world, and whenever I notice it I get embarrassed and stop until I start daydreaming again. So yaaaa

2 Likes

I’m a huge toe wiggler. My wife teases me about it because they’re always just going to town while the rest of me looks normal.

I tend to wear out socks. My toes are strong.

3 Likes

I actually found myself stimming yesterday at the store to block out the excess stimulation from the environment. It was busy and noisy and they had the radio on, and it was just overwhelming for me. Fortunately, in noisy situations people don’t notice you hum as much. So I tried some humming, squeezing my fingers, and popping my lips. I feel like this is more of a learned coping mechanism for me, like I only started doing it after learning about how people with autism cope, or perhaps just that I’ve learned that it’s ok to do after growing up with the social pressure to not stand out. I’ve been getting more and more comfortable doing what I need to so I can get through a situation, and more aware of my feelings when I start to get overwhelmed. On that note, does anyone know a subtle way to block noise, like those big headphones but not big and obvious?

2 Likes

have u tried nose canccelation headphones if not go with the company bose they make decent nose canceling headphones that u can use and listen to music if that is ur jam

1 Like

Maybe small foam earplugs? They can work really well and are very discreet ( especially if you have hair that covers your ears ). Plus, you can hide the individual sets around your house/car so that you always have a pair!
The only cons would be that they’re pretty easy to lose. Very small and can fall out of your ears. You can buy pairs that have a string connecting them, or you can get a bunch in bulk.
Overall, they’re pretty cheap and common so you can try them out low-risk.

1 Like

Clicking fingers, biting my cheeks, Leg bouncing

If I am with a partner normally as I am a sports massage therapist I will dig into muscles with my fingers sometimes it’s a nice thing others not so nice lol

1 Like