How To YouTube With Adhd

Hey everyone, My name is Kurtis. I started a youtube channel recently and have been on it now for several months. I know this is what I want to do, I feel it deep down. My true passion is helping other people and especially like myself but I am having a really hard time with learning how to actually… Properly research and organize my ideas to actually start making more content… i have 9 videos on my channel since i started in feb of this year and only 27 subs i have a lot of ideas but I always second guess my self and am constantly seeing how everyone else is doing it. Like, do you guy thinks I should continue trying to see what everyone else is doing or just try and figure it all out my own way. I’m just finding this all extremely difficult a lot more than non- ADHD people. So far I’m just using youtube to search videos about making content, finding ideas and how to make videos but I just feel like I’m doing it like everyone else and it’s not true to myself or that I’m making excuses for myself, I should be able to absorb the information and apply it. I just feel so lost, I know if there is anyone out there who can understand how I’m feeling, it’s you guys

1 Like

I can’t speak to a Youtube channel specifically, but don’t reinvent the wheel if you don’t have to. That is something I learned just yesterday. I’m trying to start my Etsy shop up, and I was stumped how to package and mail my art prints. Then my mom suggested I check You Tube and I found a video and was like, dang, why didn’t I think of that? It was MUCH easier than trying to figure it out on my own.

That’s not to say there aren’t things you have to figure out, but making mistakes and trying new ways of doing things are part of experience.

2 Likes