I have adhd

Hello my name is Daniel Joseph fullom 34 years old I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD since I was about 4 years old and I’ve been always having doubts in my mind struggling with my emotions and just thinking that maybe this is my fault that I had this ADHD and I can’t control it

1 Like

ADHD is definitely not your fault. You can’t control it as much as you could control your genetics or the color of the sky. It’s important to be kind to yourself and try to be less of a critic and more of a compassionate friend to your own heart. I think that you’ll find there that you’re not alone and that other people have similar experiences and self doubt. I hope you find good support here. Welcome!

1 Like

@quietlylost
Says all that I am thinking . . .

Life is challenging enough . . . So, why not embrace your ADHD for what it is . . . a “difference” (not a “deficit”) . . . one defining characteristic . . . but not the definition of who you are . . . a unique, complex, fascinating person!

It’s not your fault but it’s common to feel that way. When I was younger I used to blame myself or think that I was broken. But that isnt true we are special and awesome, I try and embrace who I am and recognize where I need to try and better myself. You are not alone in your feeling I’m sure and we sympathize with you and your feelings are valid and matter. <3