I’m managing the adult life!

Hey everyone. Me and my boyfriend just moved about a month ago into our new little house. The first official time for me to move out of my parents house. It was exhausting with work and mental health issues I’m still dealing with as well as in that same week my friend attempted suicide (she’s still alive and she’s doing okay now. Don’t worry about her). So, it was exhausting. Might I mention that I just turned 20 last week. So I’m quite young to be moving out without having to go to school.

The first two weeks were tough cause it took us some time to settle in and obviously my daily rhythm was ruined because of the moving. So I had some difficulties keeping up with taking care of the house. My parents saw it so they offered me help and they gave me a big push forward into doing it alone again. And I’m super proud of myself right now. I’ve been managing it really well up until now. I have all these little schedules and lists hanging everywhere in the house where I can cross off things (always fun to do :stuck_out_tongue: ). I quit work since my boss basically made fun of my mental health and my ADHD. So I decided it was time to not accept that and go. So I’m searching for a new job now. But I’m happy I got some free time to get my mind settled in this new place. I can call it my home now and I’m very happy and proud of that.

I just wanted to share this since managing adult life is difficult as a brain. And I’m just very happy :tada:

7 Likes

Noice good to hear some things are working out for people during these times.

3 Likes

Yay and Congrats you are taking care of you which is the most important job

3 Likes

Hurray and congratulations! Things are scattered for us brains even when we have our regular routines. So moving is an even bigger deal. It sounds like you’re doing a great job figuring out new routines and making them work. Keep it up!

3 Likes

It seems like you could manage to have a great start to a new era in your life :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Brains,
I’m writing my thesis at home and it is difficult for me to manage my time and stay focused on the task at home!
I’m looking for a peer support that we can report to each other what we did that day and I can stay organized and be able to do my job. If some one has the same problem with working from home and see my suggestion as a good idea, could you text me on WhatsApp? +49 163 157 89 51
I’m living in Germany and it is almost 4 p.m. now. just to consider that we may be in different time zones!!!
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

What field of study is your thesis?

Oh! And yes . . . Welcome!!

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Brooklyn
Hey Brooklyn,
I study Biofabrication and my thesis is on 3D printing :slight_smile:
It is really difficult for me to do home office and I cannot focus on the writing. Do you need peer support for a similar reason by any chance? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:+1:

I’m past those days . . . Retired now . . . But be happy to follow your topic and image in if I can!

:baseball::sunglasses:

3 Likes