I made an ADHD specific co-working and co-playing virtual world

Self-deleted for self-promotion. Thank you for the kind commenters below to help me understand how this works better.

1 Like

Most forums don’t allow self-promotion, but some have designated areas for it. As a general rule of thumb it’s polite to not post a link or other promotion of something you have made without asking if there is a self-promotion section first, since the majority of forums are structured in a way that discussion is what is valued and wanted. Self-promotion can stop that from happening and clutter up space. For example, it’s OK to link to a blog article you wrote if you don’t want to type out your entire opinion on the subject being discussed, but it’s not OK to make a thread and link to the book that you just published (unless it’s in a self-promo section and following the rules for said section).

I don’t think that there’s a self-promotion rule or section here, yet. So you’re probably good, especially since it’s an ADHD-related thing. If you do accidentally break a rule, asking why is always a good idea if you can do it respectfully. :wink:

Anyway, that’s kind of what I learned about self-promotion and forums, so hopefully it helps you out.

1 Like

I think that your post is somewhat ambiguous . . . With respect to self-promotion! There’s no doubt that you put a lot of work into creating your website and it looks like it could be fun and useful to many people . . . But, despite what’s “free” . . Access to some sections cost $47 per month or $470 per year! That to me is the “business” or “commercial” aspect of it all. For that reason, and that reason alone, I feel that your post here is not appropriate . . .

But let’s see what others think!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey, thanks so much you guys for your input! It is starting to make sense to me a bit more, especially since I slept on it. I will remove the posts now and will stick to giving personal experience advice. I appreciate your own honest opinions.
Yeah there is definitely a cost attached to getting something like this off the ground (I’m in debt over it) and keeping it running, especially since Gather platform is per user paid. Plus I wanted to have an income to keep pouring my heart and soul into it and produce educational material on what makes me thrive with my ADHD and not suffer. I think seeking support in the start-up communities sounds like a better fit for where i can get help with the next steps to take on this exciting journey.
Thanks again for your kind words and honest feedback. I’ll delete the post but leave your comments in case it might be useful for someone else.

2 Likes