I Need Help with my Wall of Awful for Getting out of Bed

This morning I got out of bed way later than I should have (I didn’t have enough motivation and I had a wall of awful), then spent all of the rest of the time for getting ready crying in the bathroom and building an even higher wall of awful! (30 minutes!) Help!

1 Like

Hiya lovely! First off, well done you for getting up!! I really hope you feel a little better now. I guess my advice is a few things - have a think about what’s causing the wall of awful. Are there some things you need help with right now? Do you need to see a therapist/chat to a friend (or us!)/work through some stuff? Is it that you don’t have interesting things to motivate you to get up? Do you need to plan/schedule fun, interesting things in your day? Or is it just trouble with transitions? Once you’ve thought about why then the how may be easier to work out?
One of the best things I find to help me with transitions is music - uplifting happy music generally gets me dancing then I’m up out of bed! Sending hugs.

3 Likes

thanks a lot. I probably need a therapist but i don’t have enough money and I don’t have a friend who would be helpful so, thanks. yeah I think motivation is the main problem although transitions might contribution. ive sent this to my parents and maybe we can work it out. thanks again and sending hugs in return.

1 Like

Hey Priya, hope you’re feeling ok today!
Ah that’s a shame. For motivation, when I’m struggling with that it helps me to make a really full on to do list, especially if I haven’t got anything time specific scheduled that day. Like I literally put on there get up, shower, brush teeth, eat breakfast etc then a thing or two I want to do and something I should do that day (admin/work stuff etc). I feel a bit stupid putting such simple things on a to-do list but hey it feels good to tick it off lol. I also put it in the order I’ll do it in so it’s kind of like a schedule for the day. Maybe something like that could be helpful.
I’m glad you sent it to your parents! I really hope they responded well. If not remember we’re all here for you!

1 Like