Ive never had the pleasure of living independently, but now I want to study abroad this summer. I try to address all of the safety and financial concerns, but it keeps coming back to:
- “i dont understand why you want to do this”
- “why can’t you stay local”
- “why can’t you take a course at a local private school”
- “im going to worry about u” / “i’m going to be a basket case”
- “but i know u get lost and i wont be able to help”
Thats why i think she’s feeling separation anxiety and I dont know what to do. I still want to go, but mom being scared is putting a bit of a cloud over it all.