It's all my fault

I said goodbye to a friend today. He’s been such an important part of my life for so long, and I messed up. I hurt him, I let my emotions rule me, I didn’t think before acting, I didn’t realize I was pushing him away until it was too late. And now he’s gone, forever. Why am I like this? Why can’t I just think for one star struck second before I jump down peoples throats, before I put up my walls, before I say something I regret? All I ever seem to do is cause grief. Is it too late to become better? am I too late to be good?

3 Likes

Nope, definitely not too late. I was always the tactless one, was always messing up like that.

These days I do it so much less that friends tell me they don’t see me as tactless. I am in my late forties. I am not sure when or how it changed but I was definitely still doing this in my twenties. If I can work out how it changed I’ll try to remember to come back and tell you.

First impressions might count … My therapist thought I was not the kind of person who turns up late, as for the first few months I put our sessions on the time stress level of catching a flight. How wrong she was…!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s too late. We’re always learning, always growing and you can work on this

2 Likes