I've successfully gotten my laundry done for a whole week!

Okay, it’s a small thing. But laundry is something I always have a hard time finishing. It takes multiple steps, with necessary spaces in between while waiting for each step to finish. I always seem to forget about it somewhere along the way, and it ends up sitting in the washer or on the clothesline (I don’t have a drier) until a day or two later.

This past week, I’ve had a huge pileup of laundry because of having just returned from a month’s vacation. Instead of trying to do it all at once, I decided that I’d make myself do a little each day (each day that it doesn’t rain anyway). My goal: to get one load each day washed, rinsed, and at least partly dry before dark.

It’s now starting to become part of my daily routine; also I gave up on hanging my clothes on the clothesline in the backyard - they are too far out of sight, and I never remember to take them down. I just hang them on my clothes horse inside the house, where I can see it.

So, apart from once when I tried the outside clothesline and forgot it all through a heavy rainstorm:blush:, I’ve successfully accomplished my goal for four loads in the past week. I think that’s a record for me! I’m usually doing well do get ONE load successfully finished before dark, without forgetting about it along the way. We’ll see if I can manage to extend the record even further tomorrow. :slightly_smiling_face:

Does anyone have any tips or techniques for doing laundry? This has been a problem for me for a long time so I’m open to any suggestions. :grinning:

4 Likes

No tips or tricks (I’m just as bad), but I definitely approve of celebrating the small wins. :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats! That’s definitely a win worth celebrating.

As far as tips go… Sometimes I handwash one or two pieces in the shower and I have a line to hang them up there. I’m not sure how good it actually is for clothes, but in a pinch it means I have stuff for the next couple of days at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! :smile:
I really struggle with laundry, I hope to one day know what this feels like! :see_no_evil:

I think you just gave me a load of useful tips!

I’m afraid I can’t help much I return. Our new washing machine peeps when it’s done, like the microwave, which helps. I don’t actually recommend buying a new washing machine, (our old one was 12 years old and needed replacing, I wouldn’t make that kind of investment for any other reason), but setting alarms to empty the machine sometimes helps.

1 Like

Good job!

My approach to laundry is pretty dryer-centric, and probably wouldn’t be realistic for many people, but I do it all on one day (Saturday) and I don’t try to do many other things while it’s running.

A strategy I use for similar things where I need to remember something later in the day is setting an alarm on my phone. I write in the alarm label what I’m trying to remember. I find that helpful in a lot of situations.

1 Like

I’ll defines count getting laundry done as an accomplishment! Job well done!!:smile::smile::joy::joy:

1 Like

Congrats! Laundry is hard. As for tips, I try to do a little every night. Whether that be picking stuff up, washing it, or folding. Also, I put stuff away so that it’s convenient rather than pretty. Do I want color coded clothes? Yes! Will I be able organize them at 3 in the morning when I really need sleep but i gotta do this first? Absolutely not! I have everything so that it’s easy to grab and easy to put back but that’s just me ( side note, I have definitely tried to color code my clothes at waaaay to early in the morning :sweat_smile: )

1 Like