Every day that my son takes Ritalin it kills me as I just can’t get it out of my head that medications are all toxic.
My wife always says that pharmaceuticals are just poisons with some beneficial side-effects (she used to run clinical trials for 10 yrs)
With that in mind, I have seen some conflicting research that has said long-term use of stimulants can cause damage to the brain of a child. This particularly affects the area of the brain that controls motivation, which results in an adult that is unmotivated to do much.
Des anyone have any additional resources to study this as almost everything I see says stimulants are healthy and with minimal side-effects. My intuition tells me there has to be a compromise as the brain’s chemistry is literally being altered on a daily basis.