Learning about ADHD

Hey!
I have not had a diagnosis yet, but today I was told I most likely have ADHD by a psychiatrist/doctor, I have been referred to the adult ADHD service, she said it could take a long time to see someone, waiting list is long. I just want to understand it, from what I have read, and forms I had to fill in… I to believe I may have ADHD, reading and answering all those questions I was like “that’s me” “that’s me” I’d like to hear others stories of diagnosis, how it all works. I am from Norfolk, England. :raised_hand:

2 Likes

Hi Rio;
I didn’t know that I had ADHD except recently.
It was mainly because I have minions in my head haha, it’s not easy for me to concentrate as I think about a lot of things while I’m trying to focus in another thing, I some times forget things and I have a problem reading and concentrating.
I don’t think we are lazy but what I’m sure about that we get tired thinking which sometimes make us leave things behind.
I went to the psychologist and they made some tests and said that I have it.
I still didn’t go to a Dr yet but I am in the process waiting for it.
I suggest that you read more.
I wish you a happy 2020 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. :blush:

3 Likes

any time

2 Likes

There are a lot of good resources out there that may be helpful. I’ll list a few below.

Books

Podcasts:

Websites:

Also, the forums here and Jessica’s Youtube are both good places too. :slight_smile:

1 Like