My characters with ADHD

Jimmy from Jimmy two shoes

Alvin from Alvin and the chipmunks

Cricket from Big city Greens

Todd Scoops Ming from WordGirl

Johnny from Johnny test

5 Likes

Alvin, very likely, but I can’t say definitely.
Johnny from Johnny Test? Definitely!

I think that Clumsy Smurf is an Inattentive (ADHD-IP).

Early Daffy Duck, Hyperactive-Impulsive (verrrrry impulsive!)

3 Likes

Runner-up :joy:

4 Likes

I may be over-generalizing, but … just about every character called Jack I can think of right now? That beanstalk guy, that jumpy guy in the box, Jack Sparrow…

2 Likes

Jack-Jack Parr

Jack-Jack Parr fromThe Incredibles…

Aren’t all toddlers ADHD . . . “until proven otherwise?”

:joy:

4 Likes

Dennis the Menace . Anyone remember this program when I was a child !

3 Likes

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/short-history-mental-health/201803/dennis-the-menace-and-adhd?amp

1 Like

Very interesting!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s certainly an interesting article, but I get the feeling that the writer has the mindset that ADHD is a “made-up diagnosis”. The writer is Matt Smith, a member of the History department at the University of Strathclyde, has a PhD in Medical History (which is a History degree, not a Medical degree). He has published books regarding Hyperactivity and ADHD.
An Alternative History of Hyperactivity: Food Additives and the Feingold Diet (Rutgers University Press, 2011)
Hyperactive: The Controversial History of ADHD (Reaktion, 2012)*

The title of the first seems to clash with how I interpret his viewpoint in the article, which is that the diagnosis of ADHD came about from a social-political-educational agenda. So what does he really believe, that ADHD is caused by food additives, or a made-up diagnosis that resulted from a Cold War era socio-political agenda?

…Or, maybe ADHD is an actual, well-documented neurological condition, which has been researched for decades, and its effects have been mentioned in medical case documentation going back over 200 years (which is before the Cold War and even before the invention food additives)!

2 Likes

Dennis Mitchell is an ADHD character,

Pee Bee Kappa is a person who has Asperger’s traits !

Pee Bee Kappa Is Dennis Michell’s friend . He is said to be a technology freak ! He dresses smartly ! He is involved in Science and Technology !

The program could be classed as the “Neurodiverse Show” .

2 Likes
1 Like

Alvin and the Chipmunks !

2 Likes