My first meet with Psychiatrist and hey says it's a mix of Attention Deficit and Hyper activity symptoms with more Asperger Syndrome.

adhdlife

Hello Brains,

Good getting connected to you all again :slight_smile:

My 1st ever meet with Psychiatrist couple of hours ago was satisfactory. Initially, I filled the form then he started asking me about me based on referral letter from my GP. I explained him about my Bachelors and Masters Uni life, mostly about my research projects and living. Incidents triggered depression and anxiety to peak. However at end of the session he told me that he can find symptoms of Attention Deficit with more Asperger signs. Though I mentioned that I have been observing mood swings with anxiety and hyper activity, he said those are signs of it, but he can not confirm about any kind of disorder in just one session (which makes sense). I have next session on Dec-20th, 2018. I was surprised on his silence about my hyperactivity, he said “we will see that in next session, I still have to know more about you. I hope you understand. I can not prescribe any medication until a complete assessment is done.”

I have been through Asperger symptom’s and they are very accurate too.

Is this how it goes ? Have anyone been to something similar. Could you please share your experience and any suggestions ?

Thanks

I’m an Aspie with firm symptoms of an impulsive type of ADHD. I would say you’ll have a looooong way to go. Just be patient and try to tell your doctor as much troubles you face as you can. Also try to get as much information about your disorders as you can so that you’ll know what to tell your doctor. By the way, don’t resist medication. Sometimes this may be the only way out.

My son is an Aspie and probably has ADHD. They often go together. The evaluation process can take time. Be patient and open. It is really hard when you have your first evaluation because it is such a pivotal moment in your life. Answers are just within reach, but you have to wait to find them. My advice is to take it in stride. Getting answers and receiving treatment is a lifelong process. It takes as long as it takes. Let the knowledge you are moving forward calm any anxiety you have. Good luck.

@Sophia_Chen @Tgeb Thanks for some valuable information and kind suggestions. I’ve just started taking medications prescribed by doctor ‘strattera 10mg’ from yesterday. I was asked to take 1 capsule/day every morning after food. I was also told that there are chances experiencing side effects. I was also advised to avoid riding motorbike and chose public transport. Have anyone of you/your people taken this medicine/similar one ? Any improvement and side effects ? Advises ?

Thank you

Sometimes even proper medication may make part of your symptoms even more annoying. I’m taking concerta. This increases my anxiety and stress level to an unbearable degree. But I’m not worried at all for I know all I have to do is to tell the psychiatrist so that he may adjust the prescription accordingly.

Welcome to the tribe

Hey dear friends,
I’ve been prescribed strattera 1capsule/day after a meal. I’ve been noticing reduce in anxiousness and overwhelming distractions. But, I’ve still got mood swings. Consistency is what I’ve been working for. I met a girl during This time and She left me friend zoned before getting into a relationship. I never had that confidence, beautiful feeling and motivations before until I met her. I’ve tried my best to Ben myself to her. Everything was fine for 1 week. Now I’m so Low. But my everyday boosts are cold showers, playing guitar, writings and meditation. I believe if we love something or someone so much we can’t get rid of them so easily. This is my situation now. I need help please.