My success story

I also knew my whole life that I was different from the others, and I always knew there was something wrong with how my brain worked. I did not know what it was like to be normal. I realised that I never lied to anyone and that was a scary thing. I realised that I did not have a filter. I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression in 2017, after I diagnosed myself with ADHD at age 16. I also got assessed by an educational psychiatrist who found that I had a slight learning disability after I had self -diagnosed. I read the book “Delivered from Distraction”, which is how I knew I had it.

I dropped out of college because it was too much for me to handle at the time, the work was way too difficult and the break up with my boyfriend was awful. But i made a come back and started sixth form again, and it turns out that achieved a lot and was my schools biggest success story! I did well, got good grades (for my standards) made new friends, started fresh. I was so scared of failing so I made sure I would not fail at a second chance with school.

I would not have been able to make it through, without an academic coach to guide me. Thank you Ms Stewart Williams. But i also came up with my own coping strategies, like in what mindset I work best in. I realized that it is very much a motivational thing - this is what drives me to do well. I was determined to prove myself wrong. I needed to prove to myself, my family and everyone that I can do it. I most importantly needed to built that confidence back up, after it had been destroyed.

Believe in yourself. You are smarter than you think.

2 Likes

@Alexia_Husson

WOW!

A beautiful “debut”!

You are new here and already broadcasting hope to others!!

What you describe is indeed inspirational and educative.

Please stick around.

1 Like