Need some tech to help students

I’m a middle school teacher and a Brain. I am looking for a way to get my ADHD kids attention or redirect them to focus on the task at hand that is not overly noticed by their classmates. I would like something that vibrates briefly when I send a sign from say a Bluetooth connection. Does anyone know if such a product exists?

2 Likes

Hi @Rexpage2! Welcome to the forum😁 I’m not sure if such a product exist but there are several other teachers here so I hope you find what you’re looking for!

So…I’m showing my age here…but that kind of sounds like a pager.

Do your students have a Chromebook or something like it? Can you get parent and administrator approval to send them private messages to pay attention? The messages would still be viewable to any adult who has access to their piece of technology, for abuse prevention, but, since it comes to their tablet only, isn’t that detectable by other students.

The only thing I can think of is maybe a devicethat deaf people would use for alarms and such. This is a great idea, by the way! I’m an education assistant and work with Little Brains all the time, so now I’m on a search for something too. :blush: I’ll let you know if I find something.

Found something!!!
Wireless vibrating pagers! That’s what they are called and there are all different kinds!

3 Likes