I need some support. I am avoiding to reply to messages in multiple chats and mails for weeks now. I didn’t even open the chats/mails. Honestly, I rarely open the messenger or the regarding mail account. I also avoid other forms of social media where I could see pictures and be reminded of the persons, which keep contacting me.
The reason mainly is shame:
- Being ashamed of having fallen far behind and not being able to catch up in “life” (friends).
- Being ashamed of the lack of progress in general and especially since the last meeting (semi-work related).
- Being ashamed of being a bad friend.
- Being ashamed of being an unreliable work-partner.
- Being ashamed of not being able to reply.
In most cases they aren’t close enough friends that I would openly talk to them about ADHD. Some are rusty friendships, where one is not that close anymore. Some are people I have to work with.
In general I feel that some white lies would be appropriate.
Yet, when I think about the message, I freeze. I don’t know what to write.
How’d you handle the situation and start the conversation again?