New to the Forums. I am 21 years old and I have cerebral palsy and ADHD.

I was originally diagnosed with ADHD in the late years of my high school career. I also have cerebral palsy and because of how the brain hemorrhage that I had before I was born affected my brain, I’ve always had executive functioning skills issues. I come from a Jewish family with different variations of observance as my parents, grandparents, brothers, and I follow Conservative Judaism. My cousins who live in New York are part of the Chabad community. I’m going to be starting my last year of classes in Scottsdale Community College in the fall. Growing up I’ve had struggled with social skills and I was the only student in every school I went to with cerebral palsy and in high school I have met other students who have ADHD. I’ve had learned that the reason for ADHD diagnosis was genetics because my dad also has ADHD and he works with kids and adolescents who have various psychiatric conditions.

There have been times where I could talk to my dad and not my mom because my mom is still trying to understand my thought process and things like that.

I am from Phoenix, Arizona and I have been a long time subscriber to HowtoADHD’s YouTube channel. I am majoring in graphic design and plan to finish earning my associates degree in graphic design at Scottsdale Community College before transferring to ASU Polytechnic and enrolling into a program that would allow me to get my bachelors degree in graphic design/web design and then my masters degree in tech.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and good luck

Hi Kayla and welcome to the forum!:blush: Nice of you to join us here, hehe! Hope you’ll enjoy the forum and especially the search function. Lots of interesting advice, suggestions, rants, and discussions on here.:grin:

Awesome education you’re doing from the sound of it! Although probably quite tough, as from the sound of it, you have executive issues both from the ADHD and the palsy. Sucky combination, but hey, it made you you, which is still awesome, so!:wink::+1:

1 Like

I also have Cerebral Palsy. I have been watching Jessica’s videos for a few years, but I just joined the forums today.

2 Likes

Then welcome to you to (:

1 Like