Newly diagnosed Adult

New to this group, binging on How To ADHD and Jessica. I’m in Victoria, Australia and seriously proud of the journey I’m making with this diagnosis. Fancy being a mature adult and finding out why I always felt different.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome!

I was diagnosed in my early 50’s (now 73) . . . So, ditto to that!

2 Likes

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing you around.

1 Like

Welcome. I was diagnosed a few years more than a decade ago, when I started up law school (and therefore regained for a while regular access to campus-based counseling and medical and career advice, all rolled into one institution) at the ripe old age of 42.

2 Likes

I was just diagnosed. My husband and 2 of my 4 children were all diagnosed a couple years ago. I saw signs in myself, but I always thought I just needed to try harder. I’ve always been super hard on myself, which counseling and peer groups have helped, but being stuck at home for months with absolutely no schedule has created an overwhelming chaotic hell. My house is terrible and I sit there thinking I need to get up and do something, but I feel paralyzed when I’m overwhelmed.

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Good you are here . . . Only love, support and integrity abound here. Don’t be shy and keep in touch. We all have much to gain from each other! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard. Another Australian. It seems to be mostly adults in Australia that end up here. And with an adult diagnosis to boot. The Australian education and medical Systems the 80’ missed so many of us. If we weren’t causing chaos we where under the radar.

M

1 Like