Not a productive day

Hey guys have you ever just had a day where you where completely in motivated and everything you went to do you got super distracted and felt blah all day? Idk if it’s tied to ADHD or what ik it could be a symptom of depression but just curious if it could be from ADHD.

3 Likes

Yes

It could be either one. I can not diagnose you but when it is depression I feel drowsy and down. I just want to curl up in bed. I may turn on the TV but I don’t really watch it. When it is ADHD I am unmotivated to do much so I watch TV and pay attention to the show and maybe do some art work or write you. :butterfly:

2 Likes

It happens. I’d say, quite often. It’s important not to blame yourself for those days. They just happen sometimes out of nowhere. I noticed that it’s quite often comes after some very productive period. You just can’t squeeze more and more dopamine out, and there is this drawback. It comes and goes most of the time. It’s good to be observant though. If there is a lot of such days, then your brain and body likely are trying to tell you they don’t like what you are doing with yourself.

I wouldn’t call it depression unless like more than half of your days are like that - but it’s just my opinion, I’m not a mental health pro. Just an amateur :slight_smile:
I was around two years in one, and most of my days were like that. Took a lot of time and effort to get myself out of it - and I became a lot more callous than before.

3 Likes

@Space_Ivan @Rosebud thanks I was really worried thinking it was me or I was just lazy or something. Thanks for the feedback at least now I have an idea as to why. I’ll be honest ADHD won yesterday.

2 Likes

It is almost 11:00 am and I have done more posting than anything else. Stop saying lazy it is a nasty word to call yourself. I only had three hours sleep so I am running a bit slow today.

3 Likes

@Rosebud sorry honest I’m still getting used to knowing that my brain works different. It’s funny after thinking about it Sunday I was kinda hyper and really happy and productive so after looking at it, it makes sense why I was unmotivated and blah yesterday.

3 Likes

i honestly have these days so much, it makes everything so difficult for me because then the people I’m my life notice it and try to cheer me up but nothing much really helps and i always feel like i need to fix it by myself this may be due to the fact that i felt really lovely growing up so it might just be how i cope things but I’m getting off topic :joy: the point is that the people in my life feel bad when they can’t cheer me up which then makes me feel bad for having off days… this may not be the case with you but it could be for someone else…
so i just thought I’d leave a friendly reminder that it’s okay to have off days, to feel unmotivated every once in a while or to not be extremely productive all the time, just take it easy and i promise that you’ll okay. beating yourself up about it wont make you feel better about it so just take your time to recharge.:heart:

I’m not sure if you’ve watched/read The fault in our stars but there’s a quote that says that pain demands to be felt which i agree with 100% so IF it is depression then just know that its not going to be a breeze but getting through it will definitely be worth it, you don’t need to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now, just keep the idea that one day you will see the light at the end of the tunnel is okay, just try your best to hold on to hope.:heart: you’re not alone, im rooting for you. :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks I love hearing everyone’s experiences, mainly because it helps me know I’m not the only one going through this and that it’s normal. I did struggle with depression for a couple years and even had a therapist come to my school to pull me out of class and talk to me because I was self harming. Point is on those “off days” I get scared that it’s depression poking it’s head back up you know. Thanks for everything you all lol your all amazing!!!

3 Likes