Officially part of the tribe:)

Hiya everybody! I’ve taken a hiatus from being on the forums for a few months just bc you know how we roll, I got infatuated with it for like three weeks then my brain forgot it exists. But boy am I back with good news!

A little less than a year ago I started seeking a professional adhd diagnosis. Some may or may not remember my big long rant about how a psychiatrist told me I was too smart and well rounded to have adhd. Yesterday, however, the third psychiatrist I’ve seen in the last year since starting this endeavor recognized what I myself have been saying all along at long last.

I am officially part of the tribe!

So I post this as a word of encouragement and advice to those who are still looking for someone to confirm what they suspect. It will likely not be a quick and easy process, and will probably get frustrating often, but follow your intuition and don’t give up. Take some breaks when you need em, because lord knows the medical system is difficult for us to navigate sometimes, but don’t give up!

I will be 25 years old next month, and have been struggling with the symptoms of adhd all my life. At 23 years old I discovered Howtoadhd and it changed my life. In two years time I’ve gone from believing myself to be lazy and unreliable to coming to a deep and acute understanding of myself and my actions all thanks to a diagnosis I didn’t officially receive until a full year after I realised it myself. I reiterate: Don’t. Give. Up. It will not happen overnight, but with patience your life can drastically change for the better.

Thank you to every one of you who gave me advice along the way. Getting here was not a walk in the park and often had me feeling like I should just quit while I’m ahead, but many of you on this forum helped me along and I thank you for it profusely:)

Before I edge into the territory of a short novella I’ll cut myself off, but I really just wanted to express how happy I am to finally be on the right track to lessening adhd’s impact on my life and goals. It’s gunna be a good Tuesday✌️

7 Likes

Welcome back to the HowToADHD forums @littlehannah159 !

I’m glad that you stuck to it and that you finally got a psychiatrist who recognized and diagnosed your ADHD. I hope that we will see you here on the forums more often. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like