Overwhelmed and hopeless with diagnosis and comorbid conditions. Help needed.

I was formally diagnosed last November and have been working with a few different therapists since then while taking different meds for anxiety and ADHD. On top of that, I’ve been dealing with the stresses of a job with increasing responsibilities and a very supportive (but often frustrated) girlfriend whose trying to navigate this condition as well.

Over the past 9 months, it’s been somewhat comforting to know that the way I’ve been all my life has a condition(s) attached to it. But the more I learn and research, the harder everything is to digest and control. In turn, it makes me feel apathetic at work a lot of the time and my relationship has had some very tough moments. First it’s anxiety/depression. Then inattentive ADHD. Then RSD. Also Sluggish Cognitive Tempo. And Sensory Processing Disorder. And Dyspraxia. Attentional Blindness. Change Blindness. It’s like one discovery leads to like five different ones, and while these are becoming more understood in the medical community, nobody knows how to effectively TREAT it other than flipping a coin with different meds and to suggest meditation.

Needless to say, this past year has been…challenging. I need help to navigate all of this. Some days, I feel great. Others, like crap. Most of the time, bouncing back and forth. I hope others have felt like this before and were able to overcome it, because I need all the help I can get at this point. It feels kinda hopeless.

I don’t really know what to say. But I’ve been struggling too. Seeing your post helps me know that I’m not alone. :slight_smile: I know there is a solution. It just takes work and I have to be patient.

I’ve been really burnt out at work. I got in trouble for going over my hours. I’m really having a hard time staying focused. I’m not sure what to do. I guess it takes time and action on my part. I don’t know…

2 Likes

Patience is so hard when you see the negative affect on your loved ones and career. It’s like no matter what you do, another issue creeps up and you just want to curl up in a corner and escape the world.

Totally. I’ve been looking into adhd coaching

1 Like