Physical exercising

Physical exercising is increasing the dopamine level in the body. And thats addicting. I prefer rucking as its easy, free, and lets me go outside.
Whatever you do for exercising feel free to bump this tread when your dopamine level increases. :muscle:

3 Likes

Weeeeeee, I went for a walk and it feels so goooood :brain:

2 Likes

I don’t know what rucking is. But if it feels so goooood … then … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weeee, I meditated. It feels so good.

1 Like

Rucking is taking a walk with about 10% of body weight added to your backpack. It strengthens your legs and your core upper body muscles. I find it very stimulating.

1 Like

Weee I rested for an houre. That was nice.

1 Like

:joy: I went to a cycling class with my brother last night. We go once a week for an hour. I’m out of shape and I need to loose 50lbs. Meeting my brother there is the only thing keeping me going. I’m watching the clock the entire hour I’m there can’t wait for it to be over. But when it’s over I feel good.

2 Likes

Tomorrow Ill go for 20 km rucking.

1 Like

Sounds like fun! I like the idea of getting outdoors. I think the concept of “rucking” would come naturally to me. I can’t ever go out of the house without bringing along a bag full of my adult toys … paint kit, journal, headphones, extra socks, binoculars, strange hat, folding chair, kitchen sink … are you allowed to consider this sort of actually useful stuff as the ruck-sack’s extra baggage? Or does it have to be comprised solely of dead-weight supplied by a gymnasium in the form of lead disks marked with kilogram increments? If you were carrying a sleeping bag, small tent, and two days’ worth of food, which all added up to about 10% of your body weight, would you have to call it “rucking” or could you just say you went hiking while on a camping trip?

Also, I might not want to do it in a group. I think people are inadequate. It would be better to go rucking with dogs. I wouldn’t even make the dogs carry anything … :wink:

1 Like

Hi Clifton
You can fill your bag with whatever you want. Its the extra weight that does the magic.
I know that there are som challenges out there. And you can even stop for a coffee (with aditional time added offcourse).

Start with about 10% weight and some good shoes. I use Hiking shoes. Use the 3-4 trips to figure out your speed and length.

1 Like

So true while I never did rucking for say in order to go on some camping trips I would go on the elpitical with a bag filled with heavy textbooks to train my self caring weight while walking since these were hiking trips.

1 Like

I ruck almost daily.

Whatever you do, keep moving guys - the more you do, the less you think.

1 Like

After a long period without exercising . . . I got back on my stationary bike 3 days ago, the next day, and again today. I started with 20 minutes, then 25 minutes, and today 30 minutes. Over the years I have “biked“ for a few days . . . only to then stop for many weeks or months. I have always known that I must exercise. Without it I get depressed, angry, tired and ADHD mega-style . . .

One thing true for me is that EXERCISE IS AS CLOSE TO A CURE AS IT GETS! No, it doesn’t rid me of ADHD; or help me find my car keys; or keep my foot out of my mouth; or prevent me from getting angry over trivial matters!

Though I take meds, meditate, been in ADHD support groups, individual and group therapy . . . Exercise alone has been the most beneficial, single intervention!

I just need to do it . . . :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Right there with you. This has been the ultimate struggle lately. I think it’s in part due to work stress and also in part due to pandemic fatigue, but I can’t find the motivation or energy to be more active and take charge of things. I keep thinking about it a lot, but I just can’t get myself motivated.

1 Like

What if you were to commit to a specified number of minutes of exercise on a specific date . . . and post it here (on the forum or to one or more individuals)?

I know that it is harder for me to evade a responsibility when I tell someone else that I will “DO IT”!

Just a thought . . . :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s a thought, but my internal response is to avoid it. Accountability feels like obligation sometimes, and obligation makes me resist. I feel like the motivation has to come from within me. I need to be accountable to myself. I do better with quiet goals that I can privately hold myself accountable to.

I do think it’s a good idea and could work. I just don’t think I’m ready to publish. :wink:

2 Likes

Trust me, exercising is the best mental stabilizing tool I have. The past 5 months off walking have given me better results all over.
Lovehugs M

2 Likes

I also think P.E. class from middle school kept my adhd in check alongside doing after school sports becasue after words I was so tired but it was so easy to focus. Cause my P.E class let me let off some steam before returing back to math class or whatever class I had after p.e. so I wasnt as fidgety during classes

1 Like

I agree PE class was great for me in school. Now I’m 39, I was stopped exercising, I changed jobs so instead of running around on my feet for 6hrs a day I am seated in my car driving 6hrs a day. I developed arthritis in my hands and for some reason I often started waking up in the middle of the night and my arm would be fuzzy (asleep). For the last 2 months I became more physically active tending to my backyard yard work/garden and lifting hand weights. I even went camping and hiking for 3 days in the Chiricahua mountains. Well I’m excited to ha e noticed that my arthritis in my hands aren’t bothering me and I’m not waking up in the middle of the night with my arm asleep! Got me thinking that I got to keep moving or I’ll just fall apart :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

omg thats like me i always take books and mp3 etc with me most places i go incase i get bored lol, like if my mum takes too long shopping and other things haha

2 Likes