Positivity challenge!

I’ve been thinking, there’s been so much bad lately that I want to spread a little positivity. So here’s a challenge to anyone who wants to :grin: you can do it on here or send it to friends, but either way I hope it brightens your day!
The challenge is simple: share one thing from each down below

• something good that’s happened/you’ve done
  • a good thing you can say about someone else
  • a good thing you can say about yourself
  • random thing that makes you smile
  • a good memory

Here’s my answers :yum:

• I’ve written the gloss ( translation ) to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for my ASL class and started memorizing it! I wanted to start small, hence the nursery rhyme, but it’s really helped me learn

• My mom is awesome and always goes out of her way to help out!

• I am enthusiastic and empathetic :slightly_smiling_face:

• I really like the star/sparkle emoji! I think it’s so cute :laughing::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

• we had burritos for dinner tonight, it was messy and delicious and my family was extra hilarious so that’s a new happy memory :grin:

Looking forward to what y’all have to say!

4 Likes

I like your idea but one of your answers missing! :star_struck:

3 Likes

I finished my online class and it gave me a perspective on how I like to learn and taught me that I need more strategies when dealing with an online class.
My friends are there for me and I can count on them for a good laugh if I need it.
I can make myself laugh and I can get others to smile
Silly faces
When I was younger my order from DQ (dairy queen) was a twist ice cream in a cone with sprinkles and a silly face and it reminds me of the good times that as a family we celebrated whatever or it was a just becasue type of treat.

4 Likes

@Neil ahhh I had hoped no one would notice :sweat_smile: at the time, I wasn’t feeling the most positive ( and that’s why I started the challenge ) but the post had been fixed! Thanks for reminding me :grin:

@Camper_Ellie awww this makes me smile much!! Your friends are very lucky to have you :blush: and that’s such a sweet ( get it :wink: ) memory!

1 Like

You’re welcome and you fixed it good!

2 Likes

lol yes I am glad that you like it

1 Like
  • something good that’s happened/you’ve done
    I baked a lemon lavender cake! It didn’t turn out that great, but it was still fun to make! I also made chocolate chip cookies, and they remind me of the ones I used to buy in my high school caf!
  • a good thing you can say about someone else
    My friend Abby is a good listener.
  • a good thing you can say about yourself
    I try hard (even though I don’t always succeed). I’m caring, and empathetic.
  • random thing that makes you smile
    The memory of the time I accidentally squacked a rubber chicken at the back of my French teacher’s father’s funeral AND some random lady’s wedding IN ONE DAY (long story)
  • a good memory
    religious retreats I attended (a sense of community, freedom, connection to nature and God :D)
    Have a nice day :smiley:
3 Likes

what recipe did you use for your cake? Lemon lavender sounds like a delicious combination :heart_eyes:

sometimes trying can be more important thann succeeding :blush: giving your best ( and not giving up ) is a wonderful trait to have!

Oh no :joy: thank you for sharing, this made me laugh so hard!!

2 Likes

I used this recipe: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/lemon-lavender-pound-cake !
I accidentally put lemon juice into the glaze (I ended up doubling the sugar to make up for the extra liquid, so I just have a random container of excess lemony glaze lying around the fridge), so the glaze is lemony and yummy, it adds a kick to the cake. I thought the cake could be more lavender though. It was good and lemon tasting however. I recommend eating the cake warm (don’t eat a slice straight from the fridge! it tastes like nothing). All around, it was fun to make and it look impressive especially with the garnish (besides the lemon zest I also sprinkled some lavender buds, it looked pretty!).

Thank you for your kind words on the trying bit, I’ll try to remember that… I know it’s a trait I admire in other’s so I ought to value it in myself more!

As for the chicken story, it is one of the best ones I got! If I ever do stand up, that is definitely being put into the routine!

Also, in the original post you said that you’re learning ASL. I hope to learn it myself as well. Someday… That kinda stuff is what I try to focus on when I’m feeling depressed. If there was no tomorrow, when would I learn ASL? and become Better at French? and learn Morse code, and the piano? When will I move out? there’s no guarantee of happiness in the future, but there’s a greater chance of it happening than if the future was not a thing!

So yeah, those are my midnight ramblings when I have a summer school essay due :slight_smile:

I hope you’re feeling great!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh that’s ironic… when I made lemon glaze I had the same thing happen!! ( except i used to much extract lol ). I’ll definitely check the repcipe out :grin:

Huh that’s thought provoking, really interesting to think about how nothing in life is really sure- especially happiness- but people live their lives as though it is :thinking:

How’d your essay go?

1 Like