Random discussion (originally) Adhd And Autism, I have a few questions

I’ll get my mom to make me a vegan version (she works at Starbucks)

2 Likes

Oh that’s cool! Do you get a lot of free stuff as a result?

2 Likes

Nope she cant give it to me for free, I think she gets an employee discount though. I also dont eat or drink starbucks anymore

2 Likes

It might just be me but if my mom worked there I would be there every day for a discounted coffee drink.

2 Likes

@ConfusedbutADHDandLD you gotta have some sort of fall like weather I would think. Yea maybe us northerners love pumpkin a little to much.

2 Likes

Same :joy: my sibling friend worked at a fast food place and they ate off the employees discount All. The. Time.

2 Likes

I tried to quit coffee but it’s just so good, plus it calms me down.

2 Likes

Haha yeah I got that feeling. People here still like pumkin spice but not as much I guess

2 Likes

I stopped drinking coffee on school days ( not exactly by choice ) but I still take every opportunity to drink it :sweat_smile: Why’d you try to quit?

2 Likes

Well specifically I tried to quit Starbucks because it’s expensive and too much sugar for me cause I’m pre diabetic.

2 Likes

Ahhhh ok. That must be tough :confused:

2 Likes

I was being really good about it and watching everything I did cause I was hyper focused on it and lost like 40 lbs but then I changed my interests and oops back to being bad again.

2 Likes

Oof, it must be extra difficult when you’re neurodiverse ( quick question, what does pre-diabetic mean exactly? )

2 Likes

Well I was told its when your sugar level is higher then normal range but lower than diabetic range. Plus my pap on my dad’s side and my gram on my mom’s side both were diabetic so it’s in my DNA or something.

2 Likes

Ohhh ok, thanks for explaining!

2 Likes

Hey y’all, how’s life?

2 Likes

Bad and good. Depends on what aspect

What about first you

2 Likes

Long story, had a horrible first half of the day then somewhat better after lunch. Let’s just say I prevented a major meltdown, held on by a thread and masked my stimming at lunch cause I’m still not comfortable showing them to the people at work. Hope everyone else was great today.

2 Likes

I had two meltdowns, 4 flashbacks, 1 anxiety attack, and dissociated. So not really good

1 Like

Sorry to hear you had such a bad day.

2 Likes