School Struggles

I keep trying to find ways to work with my brain, but then I tell myself I should just do what everyone else does when I can’t. I find myself procrastinating important stuff. I’m always in my head and I feel silly admitting that the reason I’m struggling in some subjects is just because I got distracted daydreaming. I know that it’s normal for me and I shouldn’t be guilting myself for things I can’t control, but I feel like a bit of a failure. I’m trying to manage with coffee and the 20 minutes on 10 minutes off method. Any advice on studying?

1 Like

Try to make studying like a game
have you used quizlet because there is a feature forgot what it is called but it allows you to learn terms and definitions via typing to shoot a laser at the defination.
OR
you can try rewriting your notes without looking at them then afterwords look at them to see what you missed.

1 Like

What worked for me in college was that I usually reiterated to someone what I learned that day, as much as I could remember. I also tried to review my notes for at least 10 min after each class. Doesn’t need to be right away or even the same day, just at some point. When tests started to approach, I would spend 3-5 days prior studying my ass off. 3 hours each day (give or take) quizzing myself on notes, lab work, and assigned readings that I never did.

2 Likes

Hi @WritingBrain

I used a similar technique like @Camper_Ellie and learned better whilst helping others understand.

I was paying attention that my friend has learned it so i learned it without learning it. Maybe ask your teacher to put you in a group with someone who has trouble understanding in that way you can explain your friend what the teacher is explaining the class maybe that makes you pay more attention.

2 Likes

quizlet is the best! I use it all the time. I like the matching feature/game because it lets me compete against my own times

2 Likes

This is all super helpful, thank you so much!! I’ve heard of quizlet, but I had no idea there was a game feature! That’s awesome! It has that sense of novelty that keeps us ADHDers interested. I need this in my life. XD

1 Like