Single parent, working from home, ADHD est.1990...

Hi, I’m new here. Like most of you, I trip over ADHD on a minute to minute basis. My brain has me working overtime, all the time. Whether it be trying to remember where my keys are, to, trying to remember what I was looking for when I as looking for my keys. I’ve lost every well paying job because of my ‘lack of punctuality’(time-blindness). I’d love nothing more than to have a small business, but, it’s impossible to stay focused and complete projects, (along with but not limited to) my daily chores and parental responsibilities, 1000’s of brilliant ideas flowing at once…0000 projects complete. Insecurities start picking me apart. Depression and anxiety soon follow. I don’t like asking for help, (bad childhood experiences). I don’t like my brain…I don’t like feeling socially awkward…I don’t like feeling the need to to be socially accepted. I’ve developed this ‘smile’ as a defense mechanism. “Just smile, be sweet, be kind and maybe they won’t want to have ‘small-talk’”

That’s the tip of my ADHD iceberg.

Thx for reading…if you made it this far. :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome! The experiences you have from the frustrations to the doubts are all too familiar. Hopefully you find not only support here but also tools to tackle some of your biggest ADHD symptom foes and battle for the life you want. :slight_smile: Welcome!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. You are not alone.

2 Likes

Everybody needs to be nourished!

Stay connected here. We are each unique and yet resonate on the same frequency!

3 Likes